User Request Forms
Please fill in the user request form below and send it to Arboretum Research Coordinator, Aron Fazekas at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you ASAP about your request. The forms ensure that new research projects or grounds use activities don't conflict with already approved projects or our user policies.
Gene Bank Material
Research utilizing Arboretum gene bank material takes on several forms, often in a partnership with Arboretum staff and affiliated faculty. Please contact our Research Coordinator for additional information on using the gene banks for research. When planning any projects that might use Arboretum sites or material, please complete our user request forms.
In alignment with the International Convention on Biological Diversity, the use of plant material from The Arboretum, including our gene bank collections, is subject to the following conditions:
- Material provided from collections at The Arboretum will be used for the common good in the areas of research, education, conservation, and the development of botanical gardens and arboreta;
- Information on the material will be appropriately stored by the recipient and the connection between the information and the material will be maintained. All data arising from research on materials provided will be shared back with The Arboretum;
- All communications, including reports, white papers, presentations, publicity, and scientific publications produced using Arboretum plant material will credit The Arboretum as the source of the material. “Plant source material was provided by the University of Guelph Arboretum.” Online publications will link to The Arboretum’s website: https://www.uoguelph.ca/arboretum/ ;
- Links to any communications and copies of any reports, papers, presentations, and publications will be submitted to The Arboretum;
- Permission must be sought separately if the recipient seeks to commercialize either the genetic material, its products, or research derived from it. Such commercialization will be subject to the conditions of a separate agreement with The Arboretum, and the University of Guelph;
- In case of material becoming invasive in the recipient’s region, The Arboretum takes no responsibility for the consequences;
- Sampling of material at The Arboretum will be conducted by Arboretum staff and provided to the recipient. The Arboretum will calculate and levy fees to compensate staff time involved in sample collection and administration, based on actual time and costs incurred.
By requesting and using plant material from The Arboretum University of Guelph, the recipient accepts and pledges to respect the above conditions.